ii would love to be thiis :] ii am going to do iit after fidm

Good people are always needed in this field. A background(BA or BS) in psychology, nutrition, biology, nursing, etc. would be a good starting place. The field always needs more nurses, doctors, therapist, psychiatrists, even cardiologists. In most cases, you will need an advanced degree to work with eating disorder sufferers. So, consideration of furthering your education with grad school or beyond makes sense. I have a MS in counseling/psychology which allowed me to become a licensed professional counselor. I have colleagues that are nutritionists, doctors, physicians assistants, psychiatrists and psychologists who also work directly with this population. All seem to find the work very meaningful and challenging.

Also, you can earn a CEDS (certified eating disorders specialist) designation through the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals at: http://www.iaedp.com/.

No comments: