1.06.2010

must reads

http://www.freewebs.com/what_a_girl_eats/whoami.htm

I can find clothes that I'm not ashamed to wear.

I can put my hoodies away in the Summer time.
I won't be ashamed of myself.
I won't feel like an embarassment to my husband, family, and friends.
I can go to clubs with my friends and look sexy while I dance!
I will be fine leaving the lights on during sex.
I won't look in the mirror and blot out the background with my size.
I can play sports in shorts instead of pants.
I can go swimming!
I will look awesome in a bikini!
I won't be the fattest one at my High School Reunion
I will have acheived a goal nearly 92% of the world populations fails at.
I will be able to say "At least I'm not fat!" (just in case I had to someday...haha)
I won't weigh more than my husband. (he is 6'3 and 157lbs)
I will have a whole new confidence.
I won't be self-conscious when I walk in the room.
I will have the confidence to pursue what I have wanted to my entire life - acting, modeling, and/or singing. (Entertainment)
With a thin body, new doors will open for me. New opportunities, and greater advancement!
I can be successful.
I will look at my before and after pictures and know I am better than I was.
I won't stare at those beautiful girls, whos thighs don't touch when they walk, and think "If only that were me".
I will be stared at by everyone as they think "If only that were me."
I won't be asked when I'm due.
I will be beautiful inside AND out!




I am yours The Thin Commandments
1. If you aren't thin you aren't attractive.

2. Being thin is more important than being healthy.

3. You must buy clothes, cut your hair, take laxatives, starve yourself, do anything to make yourself look thinner.

4. Thou shall not eat without feeling guilty.

5. Thou shall not eat fattening food without punishing oneself afterwards.

6. Thou shall count calories and restrict intake accordingly.

7. What the scale says is the most important thing.

8. Losing weight is good/gaining weight is bad.

9. You can never be too thin.

10. Being thin and not eating are signs of true will power and success.

I told another lie today


And I got through this day

No one saw through my games



I know the right words to say

Like “I don’t feel well”

“I ate before I came”



Then someone tells me how good I look

And for a moment

For a moment I am happy



But when I’m alone

No one hears me cry



CHORUS

I need you to know

I’m not through the night

Some days I’m still fighting to walk towards the light

I need you to know

That we’ll be ok

Together we can make it through another day



I don’t know the first time I felt unbeautiful

The day I chose not to eat

What I do know is how I changed my life forever

I know I should know better



There are days when I’m ok

And for a moment

For a moment I find hope



But there are days when I’m not ok

And I need your help

So I’m letting go…



CHORUS



You should know you’re not on your own

These secrets are walls that keep us alone

I don’t know when

But I know now

Together we’ll make it through somehow

Together we’ll make it through somehow…



CHORUS

Behind the Song:

“I think the most powerful way to tell a story is to be completely vulnerable and honest about ourselves. This song isn't preaching a message. It's a true story. I pray people will be touched by it and will be willing to see where they hide their struggles, their pain and then have courage to tell someone. They need people they can let into that secret life and love them through it. We aren't meant to make it through life alone. None of us have it all together.” - Tricia Brock (Superchick

No comments: